My client is a world-leader in metal products & solutions manufacturing and related engineering and design services.
Its aim is to ensure that they are helping their customers to improve their operational efficiency, enhance their products
and reduce their tied-up capital. The company prides itself in overcoming even the most demanding challenges. Wherever you are you probably cannot look more than 100 metres without seeing something that contains a product or technology made by this company.
My client is looking for “The Lean production Expert for Asia”
The Lean Expert for Asia will report to the Head Lean production system.
Initially you will work alongside a current Lean Expert on a current transformation before working as the sole Lean Expert on future Asian pilots.
• Minimum: ~5 years of experience working in LEAN industrial environments, likely in medium level management or continuous improvement team leader role
• Preferred: Experience in driving change programs for different companies
&/or multiple sites, i.e. consulting or industrial turnaround
• Ideally trained or had experience in the McKinsey approach
• Proven leadership skills
• Driven and open to change
• Good communication skills
• Coaching experience and skills
• Lead Lean Pilot transformation teams on site at local Asian facilities. Pilots will be approximately 4 months in durations. Extensive travel will be required, generally commuting on weekly basis
Design, Implement, and Refine phase for each Lean Production System Pilot Transformation
• Helps production/plant manager to plan and deliver step changes to KPI targets
• Participate in training and development of navigator task force
• Assist in strategic development of manufacturing sites
• Key resource in development of Lean in the production system
• Work closely with colleagues in Operational Excellence transformations, to develop total system solutions beyond manufacturing
• The Lean experts and navigators will be considered to be future leaders in the company and candidates will be recruited accordingly
• Typical next career step could be on the level of Plant Management responsibility, but previous Lean experts have a wide range of positions today. Previous experts are today found in various Divisional Management level positions such as Operational Manager Europe, Business Development Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager (including key role in ramping up Greenfield plant), Director Supply Chain EMEA and Plant Manager in a facility employing 350 people.
The Lean Expert can preferably be based Guangdong province.
Please contact Nadine Cummings for more information regarding this opportunity
• Contact name: Nadine Cummings
• Contact number: +44(0)2074787753
• Contact email: Nadine.email@example.com
• Type contract: Permanent
• Location: Zhongshan Region, China
• PIR Number: 11499